It's about time for Young The Giant. No, really. This year the band finally released their first album in four years, since 2010's self-titled debut.
Ironically enough, the first single from their latest album Mind Over Matter was "It's About Time." The single did well, landing at number 2 on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart in the U.S. The band's latest single is "Crystallized."
Fans will be able to hear these songs and more during Young the Giant's intimate show at the iHeartRadio Theater in Los Angeles tonight. Tune in here at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT to check out the show!
For now, check out some things you may not know about the band!
1. Before they were Young The Giant, they were known as The Jakes.
2. After they formed their band, the guys won an online contest to open for the Kings of Leon at the House of Blues in Chicago.
3. Their song "Texas Tea" was used in an episode of "The Real World: Brooklyn."
4. "Cough Syrup" was covered by Darren Criss' character on an episode of "Glee."
5. Young The Giant's hometown is Irvine, California.
Photo Credit Flickr
Photo Credit Getty Images